On the frontline of the fight for our community are thousands of volunteers who bring LIVE UNITED to life by giving selflessly of their time and talents to create lasting solutions and improve the quality of life for all of us who call St. Lucie County home!
Whether it’s reading to children, serving as a volunteer income tax preparer for low-income tax clients, delivering meals to homebound seniors or being part of the annual Day of Caring, there are hundreds of ways to roll up your sleeves and make a difference!
Ways to Get Involved
- Review grant application instruments
- Conduct agency site visits
- Recommend evaluation scores for each program
- For each program you agree to:
- One to two hours to review grant application materials
- One half-day (approximately 5 hours) for agency presentations and deliberations.
Knowledge or experience that is aligned with one or more of the following areas:
- Community Needs ( i.e. knowledge of community collaberations, needs assessments, census data, direct client service, etc.).
- Results Driven (i.e. outcome measurements, data collection, program evaluation, etc.).
- Diversity and Inclusion (equal opportunity or accessibility expertise, familiarity with disproportionality, experience with inclusion efforts, etc.).
- Governance (i.e. board of directors experience, strategic planning, bylaw review, committee work, etc.).
- Finances (knowledge of financial ratios, annual audits, bookkeeping, experience in nonprofit finances or financial management, etc.).