Give a Gift That Works for You
There are numerous methods you can use to create your legacy. Since everyone's situation is unique, we suggest you talk with your advisor to determine what is best for you. Endowment building techniques can include one or more of the following methods:
1. MAKE AN OUTRIGHT GIFT OF CASH OR APPRECIATED STOCK
Contribute cash or transfer stock to provide an immediate gift to United Way of St. Lucie County. You may receive an income tax deduction and avoid capital gains tax.
2. INCLUDE UNITED WAY OF ST. LUCIE COUNTY IN YOUR WILL OR TRUST
A bequest can easily be added to a new or existing will or living trust, and would allow you to maintain control of your assets during your lifetime.
3. MAKE UNITED WAY OF ST. LUCIE COUNTY BENEFICIARY OF A LIFE INSURANCE POLICY
Significantly increase your gift with lower out-of-pocket costs by modifying an existing policy, or we will work with you and your advisor to create a new policy.
4. DESIGNATE UNITED WAY OF ST. LUCIE COUNTY AS BENEFICIARY OF A RETIREMENT PLAN, IRS OR 401(k)
A simple and flexible option for those who have sufficient other assets to pass on to their heirs.
5. CREATE A "SPLIT INTEREST" GIFT
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Transfer an asset to United Way of St. Lucie County in exchange for a fixed, guaranteed lifetime income.
- Charitable Remainder Trust - Transfer appreciated assets to trust, avoid capital gains and receive lifetime income, with United Way of St.Lucie County ultimately receiving trust assets.
- Charitable Lead Trust - Transfer assets to a trust and the trust pays United Way of St. Lucie County income for a number of years. Trust assets ultimately return to you and your heirs.
6. TAX FREE DISTRIBUTIONS FROM AN IRA
If you qualify, you may be able to use tax-free IRA distributions to fund your gift.
TAX PLANNING BENEFITS
Each of these endowment building techniques may have significant tax planning opportunities and we will be glad to work with you and your advisor to design the gift to fit your particular financial situation.
ENDOW YOUR GIFT NOW TO KEEP GIVING IN THE FUTURE
To learn more about endowment building options, contact Karen Knapp CEO, at 772-464-5300 or by email at email@example.com.
United Way of St. Lucie County’s Practice Concerning Donor Privacy
United Way of St. Lucie County (UWSLC) respects the privacy of donors and safeguards the confidentiality of information that the donor would reasonably expect to be private. Information learned by any representative of UWSLC about a donor shall be held in strict confidence.
Donors who reach special recognition levels may be acknowledged and published in various UWSLC publications and campaign materials, unless the donor requests to remain anonymous by indicating their wishes on the United Way pledge card, or by contacting UWSLC CEO or campaign staff. At the request of the donor, information about donor, the amount of gift or any other information concerning their donations will not be made public. UWSLC will not sell, rent or share its mailing lists of donors or prospective donors.