Interested in being a part of the largest volunteer event in St. Lucie County?
Here are some project requirements and helpful tips to make sure your organization, and the volunteer teams assigned to your project, both have a great experience.
- Projects must be completed on Saturday, October 12th between 8:30 AM – Noon to be a part of Day of Caring.
2. Fully complete the project submission form. The more detail you can provide the better.
- Projects must be located in St. Lucie County.
- You must have enough tools and/or supplies available for volunteers.
If you do not have enough tools or supplies for volunteers, please call out that need on your project submission form.
- Please do not ask, or expect, volunteers to purchase supplies.
We ask that organizations take the necessary steps to have the appropriate amount of materials (paint, yard tools, stain, cleaning supplies, wood chips, etc.) to complete the job.
- Fundraising cannot be an element of your Day of Caring.
- A representative from your organization must be present and accessible to volunteers during the entire project.
- Please do not keep volunteers longer than requested.
If your project goes longer than you planned, please do not make the volunteers feel obligated to stay. If volunteers choose to stay longer on their own that is of course totally fine!
The more volunteers, the better.
Any-size project can be submitted. However, projects with five (5) or more volunteers have a better chance of volunteers being assigned to them because volunteer team size is usually five (5) or more people.
Three hours is the sweet spot.
You can submit a project that takes 1 hour or 8 hours, but the most popular time frame for volunteers to be available is 2-4 hours. That being said, there are teams that are available all day and looking for longer projects.
You may not have a project, but what about a person or family you serve?
We welcome you to reach out to individuals and families you know are in need. Volunteers love to help out people at their homes with general maintenance and upkeep projects!
August 1st: Volunteer Project Submission Begins
August 31st: Project Submission Deadline
September 1st: Team & Volunteer Registration Begins
September 30th: Volunteer Registration Deadline
October 1st: Projects Assigned to Volunteer Teams