Where Your Dollars Go
Your donations to United Way of St. Lucie County are used to improve lives by helping those in our community who need it most. Here are just a few examples of how contributions to our campaign last year are working to build a brighter future for people in our community.
- More than 11,400 St. Lucie County at-risk students received free backpacks and school supplies to help them be successful in school.
- 1,427 survivors of domestic violence and their children received safe shelter, medical attention, rest, food and clothing, emotional support, counseling and legal advocacy.
- 142,772 individuals received food, clothing, and emergency one-time rental and utility assistance that provided stability and the opportunity to maintain their current living arrangements.
- 5,070 children were involved in after school, mentoring, or reading programs where they are enabled to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens.
- Over 8,000 Pre K-2nd graders received dental screenings to promote oral health as a component of strong bodies and the ability to learn.
Our total investment in the community for this year continues our commitment to create long-lasting changes by addressing the underlying causes of community problems.
Basic Needs (Clothing, Food, Shelter)... $212,336
Financial Stability... $82,000
United Way Community Service... $314,013
Donor Directed Funds... $193,139
Pediatric Dental Health - Stanich Grant... $61,285
Total Investment: $1,574,568
Other Areas We Impact:
In-Kind School Supply Donations Provided to Schools... $47,499
United Way Volunteer Hours Total Value... $196,409
FamilyWize Prescription Cards - Savings to Residents... $429,987
Volunteer Income Tax Program - Refunds to Community... $196,409
Total Impact: $2,283,004